KANNA – Story on how I got that name
Story by
Kanna
IT’S A SHORT STORY AND
DOESNOT HAVE ANY
NAMES, PLACES OR
ORGANISATIONS
MENTIONED. THIS WORK IS BASED ON FICTION AND DOES NOT RELATE TO ANY REAL LIFE SITUATION AND PEOPLE.
ANY KIND OF
RESEMBLANCE IS
PURELY
COINCIDENTAL
Chapter 1: First time I saw her…,

The first time I noticed her, she quite literally took my
breath away, I gasped for air. She was above average
height, fair skin, dark red (burgundy) curly hair she
carried a light that made her slightly brighter than the
rest of the crowd, she had few features of Kangana
Ranuat Infact I felt she was much more beautiful than
her, I cannot compare her with anyone. It was the first
time I saw her, she had invited us to brief about a CSR
session in our office. She was in bright yellow dress and
She had a very sweet tone and when she talked it felt like
one of the most beautiful poem is read, it felt even the
sentences she is speaking had a rhythm of their own. She
showed utmost respect to all and maintained equal eye
contact as she spoke but when her eyes met
mine…without my knowledge my heart started beating
faster as if it was dancing I knew she must be the one of
those pretty gals who must be having like hundreds of
followers for she was perfect example of beauty in every
sense. I don’t believe in love at first sight but yes she was
having such aura around her that it is difficult to ignore
her presence around. After letting us know of our roles
and responsibilities she asked us preference for our class.
I am new to my project as well as company and wanted
to establish myself here and I quickly discussed with my
project members and logically convinced them to take up
3rd and 4th as they are much easier to handle and we were
told we might get a helping hand from another NGO
person who is taking 4th. Somehow I started feeling
excited to attend for this CSR event. I knew my project is
really strict we have so many rules here in our project to
be followed but I felt I no longer care for rules. I always
felt we should give back to the society as much as we can
I had experience in volunteering for various schools
before. I was part of Samarthanam, Samriddhi trust,
Volunteer for scribing (VFS), Help age India, Make a
difference and almost 7 years into teaching schools
throughout India. Since college days I was going around
teaching during my spare hours and I was the CSR head
for my account in Accenture but this was different this
was my first CSR committed event for my company and I
was waiting for this Wednesday.
Chapter 2:

That Wednesday
On Wednesday, the day carried lot of positivity we all sat
in the minibus already arranged by her, should really
appreciate the care she had taken to ensure we all reach
comfortably to our destination she had spoken to
transport department and admin guys to arrange
minibus, water, snacks for us. Our minibus had seating
capacity of approximately 30 people – she arrived with
her hair let loose with a simple elastic ribbon to hold
them together and her curls left loose to flow, they took
a natural shape that looked like a work of art she had very
good volume and the texture of her hair looked so much
like cotton wool, she had danglers hanging from her ears
and her bright yellow dress with pink floral designs
flowing on sleeves, she had a smile which reflected her
pure heart she asked us if all of were in. We responded
positively my heart was pounding fast for every look I was
giving her and when her eyes were meeting mine. I had
a buddy from my project who accompanied me who
knew that I was head over heels for this girl, He hinted
this girl might be married and told me to back off I quickly
scanned her she wore a simple bangle of golden color
and a ring in her index finger and yes she had brown
shoes with bowtie design which ensured to cover her toe
fingers as I was searching for toe ring in her feet. I was
little disappointed as I didn’t know if this girl whom I liked
is still single or has been already taken. She approached
towards us explaining us about charts she had bought
and classes where it needs to be put up. I was impressed
the way she was managing us it seemed she had natural
leadership qualities as she talked to us. She had all the
desirable traits of a good HR. I was thinking she must be
one of the HR that’s why she is into these CSR activities.
As that’s what my friends in this project told CSR
activities are mainly for HR in this company. Now as she
was opening the charts and explaining us with her gentle
smile all of a sudden she as slide her hand on the metal
edge of the chart which cut her soft gentle finger
ruthlessly. It started bleeding and immediately the super
hero in me woke up rushed to the spot but what could I
do to support her i wanted to do something but didn’t
know what exactly to do. I saw her she wanted to wash
her bleeding finger and she tried to open a window in our
minibus and the window seemed to challenge her trying
to tell her that it’s not going to open with those cute
hands she looked towards me as if to ask for help and
immediately without my knowledge i rushed to that
window it was jam stuck but I didn’t want to lose in front
of her. I thought inside my head that either this window
will open or I would punch the glass and open it for her.
But thankfully window understood my emotion and
opened up I took her gentle hands into mine and washed
away the blood. Her hands were as soft as butter and I
could actually feel blood vessels in her delicate hands. As
I prayed for her bleeding to stop, she slowly but gently
told me that she is fine and her expression showed she
was thankful to me. I was the kind of guy who never
shows his emotions openly. I feel it’s too mainstream to
show emotions openly I am the kind of guy who hides
things in his heart and enjoys the feel which my heart
goes through as if it’s me and my heart who are close
friends and if we both can understand each other that’s
more than enough for us we don’t need to let anyone
else know about our feelings.
Our bus reached the school our destination and It was
drawing competition and I am an art lover I explained my
class what nature drawing is and I strongly believe that
children have the highest imagination power and didn’t
want my briefing to reduce their imagination but I taught
them how to use crayons so that they can use their
imagination and color them as they wanted. After the
drawing competition we quickly selected the best ones
and tagged them for prizes during the prize distribution
ceremony where we were giving them a book a pencil
and crayon box. She was congratulation and pinning a
smiley smile face button pins on the kids. Those were
moments I felt needs to be captured so I took my phone
and started taking pictures and she realized that I am
clicking pictures she smiled for every click I was clicking
and slowly without my knowledge smile on my face seem
to respond to her lips yes it was involuntary action but
after long time my heart and my smile were expressing
their happiness at this girl who was smiling so effortlessly
she looked no less than an Angel and when one of the kid
was not smiling for camera she gently laid her hands on
his cheeks and instantly as if flowers bloom on touch of
Greek goddess Venus similar way a smile bloomed on the
kids face. This is a beautiful shot ever captured by my
phone till date. She can make anyone smile is the thought
that ran in my head and I could not hold back my smile
longer, I was filled with energy and I was responding with
my eyes. We both made eye contact and expressed
positivity we didn’t speak much but yes our eyes met
each other uncountable times. After prize distribution
was done we all took group pictures and I had all the
pictures of the event so I told them that I would create a
group in WhatsApp and add all the volunteers and share
the pictures. She said thanks to me for doing that it was
a just a sentence for her but I felt I had already conquered
kingdom such was my happiness when she spoke. I gave
her my number and asked to give me a call and as soon
as my phone rang with her number I could sense the thrill
my phone felt it was as if my phone vibrated our of
happiness for having her number and we came back and
after 1.5 hour I see a text “Hyy” it was around 1:52 Pm
during our lunch break but I didn’t want to respond
immediately so waited for half an hour checking her DP
concentrating every part of it and without my knowledge
my fingers ran through my keypad and lo “Nice DP” was
the first text I sent, I felt embarrassed but immediately
sent a Hi back so that conversation can be fruitful. She
laughed and sent a thanks as reply and asked to add her
in the group so that she can get pictures. I immediately
created group and made her admin I didn’t know how to
keep conversation going so kept quiet and after office on
the way to home i saw a yellow dressed gal waiting for
bus I felt I knew this lady as my bike approached the bus
stand I realized it is same person for whom my heart goes
crazy I slowly passed the bus stand and wished her
goodbye with a smile and she responded and yes that
smile made my night I went back home had dinner and
rushed to bed but my heart wanted to text her I didn’t
know how to start conversation after lot of thinking I
pinged her and asked if we have any location where I can
share photos to all in one shot , she mentioned of
KNOWMAX but the access is restricted to only few
people and currently only she has access so I requested
her to share the photos in KNOWMAX and then to all. It
was 10 00 PM and wanted to continue conversation I
wanted to ask her if she was married but felt it is very
awkward thing to ask so our conversation went
something like this.
10:08 PM ME : Sorry to bother at this time
10:10 PM Her: No Problem at all, Had fud?.
10:10PM ME: Yeah what about u ma’am? Nice dp btw I
know I mentioned it before but still
10:11PM Her: Hmm just I also had, Ohh thanks :):):).
10:13PM ME: U cook or Ur husband cooks? U were going
late so asked ( I don’t know I felt I need to justify why I had asked, I
was playing safe, immediately I get a response that broke
my heart)
10:13PM Her : He only cooks
10:14PM Me : Wow Lucky ..nice .! 10 15 PM Her: So ur wife cooks for u ?? 10:15 PM Me : I am not yet married, Stay with
parents…mom cooks I just help in arranging food and
washing dishes. ( I don’t know why I thought I should say
- trust me I can be really good husband if u ever marry
me I will cook for you ensure you are always happy, will
never let you go in bus will always take time to come and
pick and drop you. Even when you are pregnant I will take
six months leave to take care of you. I would be the best
husband ever anyone could get. But my senses ensured I
don’t blabber all this). 10:20 PM Her : Good so am I :):):). 10:21 PM Me what :O, sorry ( two minutes dance in my heart) 10:22 PM Her : No issues, but he will only cook that’s for
sure. 10:23 PM Me : haha kool u r staying with parents ?. ( me thinking - marry me I will cook for our family
throughout my life, from early morning bed coffee,
breakfast, lunch , snacks to bed time green tea…btw I am
expert of coffee and snacks :D ) …. So this how conversation started between us …we
continued our chat for 1 hours and then wished good bye
to each other. We continued….
This continued for few more days, morning we start with
wishing each other and at night we end with wishing each
other goodnight.
I searched for her name everywhere in Facebook,
instagram, twitter, every online platform I could think of.
Only information I could find was from her second name
they belonged to Kashmir.
I saw few pictures of Kashmir and I was in love with that
place – I felt it was indeed heaven on earth, I am a nature
lover and always used to travel go treks to places to
beautiful places. In fact I chose my college because of it
scenic beauty and campus surrounded by nature.
I was speaking to her about Kashmir and she invited me
to Kashmir – I mentioned to her how I wished to spend
my retirement life there. Immediately I get response
from her – “cum will spend old age together, it will be
beautiful”.
I felt to say yes it indeed would be beautiful if I can get
chance to spend my old age with you, I would love to
marry you spend my entire life with you and grow old.
But I just responded “yes we can grow old together
gracefully if we live in such location”.
We spoke about our colleges and how I wished to go back
to my college in Kerala and how she wished to go back to
her Pune where she studied our conversations were
interesting and both of us had tough time wishing good
bye to each other. It was more like we had to say
goodbye because we wanted the other person to take
rest but yes our conversations were ending only in early
mornings.
As days proceeded our conversations became lengthier
and all of a sudden one day during conversation she says
it’s her birthday, I wanted to celebrate it with her I asked
her to meet for coffee if she was free and she said YES for
it, I was jumping with joy, I want to make it special for
her so I was checking for ferns and petals to order cake,
teddy bear and flowers to surprise her. But I receive a
text that she was just playing and 4th march is her date of
birth. I got disappointed but I was happy that I asked her
for coffee and she said yes. I met her for coffee I told her
about myself, my college life, my college crush, past love
experience and everything that she had to know about
me. She listened to me with utmost attention and she
respected my past and showed interest with whatever I
was speaking. I asked her about her past – she just
brushed it of saying she does not have anyone whom she
had loved. She said currently she doesn’t have any
friends she had a friend who was like brother to her, he
used to give company for her lunch and everything and
after he left she was little alone and was seeking a good
friend who could give company. I said her that I can give
her company for coffee as I already go with my project
mates for lunch and I was surprised I knew something is
not right she was the most beautiful girl in every aspect
a guy can think of she had perfect height, amazing eyes,
sharp nose, curly hairs, amazing features she was like the
dream girl any guy can dream for. She had a smile that
can lit even the devil to smile. I gave her chocolate and
she lit up and her lips were smiling so perfectly they were
beautiful to watch. I was watching she was smiling as she
was walking to her ODC I could see her shadow on the
glass as she was going I felt I could just keep watching her
for my entire life and never get tired of it. She said she
enjoyed my company and she couldn’t stop smiling even
in her cubicle it was same with me I was also smiling and
blushing in front of my system while reading her pings.
She had met we had chess tournament in our company
and I had my matches lined up she used to wish me
regularly for my matches and it was as if due to her
wishes I felt stronger and I won every chess game I
played, I felt she was my secret charm and I played I am
not that good at chess but I knew the logic how to play
and watched few videos to play it right that helped me in
fact wanted to impress her by winning chess so
downloaded the videos. She felt happy every time I won
chess that made me feel to win the next match. Slowly
our conversations become more frequent we were on
office communicator- sametime, WhatsApp pings and
messages. We were playing games during our
conversations discussing songs, our chats were becoming
more open and we were expressing our hearts indirectly.
Our conversations went on till 3 AM and more and felt if
were with each other our conversations would never
end. This continued for few more days. We had
nicknamed each other too she had pet name of Snowy
called by her friend and she called me Kanna I was in love
with this name every time she called me Kanna I felt a
deep sense of love and belongingness but I felt I should
not express her my feeling as it is quite early for both of
us. Final day of match
It was day of final chess match for me and I was speaking
to her till morning 5 AM, she wished me for my match
and told me to sleep and match was scheduled for 10 AM
and my opponent is trained chess player and had been
into good number of chess tournaments, I was not scared
to lose and I was quite happy to reach till finals. We both
were talking and both of us didn’t want to end so we
slept with our phones switched on. Hearing breaths of
each other with every breath she gave I felt a sense of
togetherness as if she is sleeping next to me and I am
dreaming of hugging her tight such that her breath felt to
my chest. I was wide awake listening to her breath as she
felt asleep and morning I woke up she was also up she
told she will reach to office to watch my match, I had
completely forgotten about the match I was more
excited to meet her than the match because I no longer
cared for the match I got ready and went to office. I
directly went to cafeteria where the match was
scheduled there I saw a girl in curly hair, black pant,
formal white shirt with large collar and black coat she
was smartly dressed she was walking in front of me and
her walking style was unique as she walked with
gentleness that was unique only to her it was as if she
wanted to ensure mother earth is not hurt when she
walks that gentle was her style. She reached to the café
counter and took her tea and suddenly as if she heard a
voice she turned with a smile towards me I was standing
behind her to return that smile to her. She was shocked
she said she knew I was around and she could feel my
presence I felt really happy when she said that. We
quickly had our breakfast and I brought a sweet specially
made by me for her it was sooji ka halwa a simple sweet
made from rava (broken rice). She had breakfast with
me. Our HR called us for match so I waved her bye and
she wished me best of luck with all her smile I felt whole
universe wished me I no longer care for match. I wanted
to sit with her talk to her and spend time with her. Match
started my opponent got white to play he had upper
hand as white is quite aggressive and chess players
usually take that advantage to crush the opponent and
he left me with no choice he did queen’s gambit opening
and I started with Sicilian defense – dragon style opening
as defense. Match went on quite seriously both of us not
giving up and having equal strength but my eyes were
distracted it was searching for her she was my strength
and my eyes were constantly flickering from chess board
to her and back to chess board. She was a woman of
utmost beauty and her care for me made me fall for her.
I wanted to tell her that when I see her the World stops.
It stops and all that exists for me is her and my eyes
staring at her. There's nothing else. No noise, no other
people, no thoughts or worries, no yesterday, no
tomorrow. The World just stops and it is a beautiful place
and there is only her just her, and my eyes staring at her
She didn’t know anything in chess but she came and sat
next to us trying to understand if I am doing well. She was
asking other HR who is winning and was quite happy to
know that still now it’s a tie match went for 2 hrs. And we
both had equal chance to win it was a tie and I wanted to
give up as I wanted to be with her and could not see her
waiting for and getting bored. She had not slept the
previous night as she was on call with me and she had
come early morning to office to watch my match and she
was there throughout praying for me to win and this
thought were running in my mind. I finally gave up and
my opponent took my match and we ended I wished him
good match and went to her. She told me not to reveal
results and I wanted to give her a tight hug. I lost the
match but I was happy for having such an amazing person
who was there for me. Now was award ceremony and I
wanted her to feel special I asked her to sit next to me
and told her it’s not just me who won its both of us and
after I received my cup I asked her that we both will take
pictures we clicked pictures I was happy that she was
there with me. I had my team members, project
members and my other friends but no one was visible it
was one and only her who was visible to me we clicked
few pictures my team mates started commenting that
this guy is the baazigar and I could hear them
commenting clearly .. Kabhi kabhi jeetne ke liye kuch
haarna bhi padta hai ... aur haar kar jeetne waale ko
baazigar kehte hai(to win something u might need to lose
something and the person who loses to win something is
called as Baazigar.).
It was great day and I went back home, had dinner and
she called up I took the phone we started speaking about
how awesome she felt and how I made her feel special
and I expressed the same thing that she made me feel
special and we were talking it was almost midnight we
were having long conversations and my stomach was
having butterflies I wanted to tell her that I am in love
with her and would like to keep loving her and take care
of her till my death but I was scared as I thought she
might not have same feelings and might get offended. So
I wastaking the back step. But I gathered my courage and
asked her why she was doing this, why she spends her
nights sleepless and talking to me on CALL. She was silent
we had an awkward silence for a minute. I apologized her
and said sorry as I might offended her. Also told I would
like to say something. She said me to go on… I said it
might be offending to her and told her that incase if she
does not like what I said then she can say that openly to
me. I am just expressing what I felt and she can express
what she feels and I would respect her feelings and
would never force her into anything. If she does not like
it then will never disturb her again on this topic. She was
silent and she said me to that she needs two minutes for
herself and she cut the call. I was also feeling
disappointed as I thought she might not like me as
physically we are totally different she had looks of an
angel and I look like the devil himself, dark skin tone, with
long thick hair and large hands and legs I was a complete
beast any gal. But to my surprise she called back I was not
expecting that call so soon and I said her that I liked her
and would like to be part of her life forever, I was having
tough time to even breathe I felt my heart would stop
beating and butterflies in my stomach is fluttering in full
speed and I could not hold I said her “I LOVE YOU” and as
soon as I said that I felt relief and I was silent on the other
side I could hear her weeping. I was feeling bad and I
could only say- “I am sorry”. She said it’s okay and she
said she wants to sing a song as reply and she sang a Hindi
song but my ears were hardly listening to words I was
scolding myself for letting it open so early. As soon as
she finished I asked her if it’s a yes, because from the
song it was not clear what she meant. She slowly said
“YES”. Sudden burst of joy and happiness spread inside
me. She said she was in love with me all these days she
was coming to meet me because she was in love with me,
she used to wait for my pings because she was in love
with me and finally she said the magical words “YES I love
you”... and she said yes why you took so long to tell this
and obviously it’s a YES. And YAHOOOOOOO…… I was
jumping with joy this is the best thing that could ever
happen to me after so many years. I was imagining all my
things to do list with her. I always wanted to go early
morning to the place where my girl stays give her flower
and kneel down and say I love you every day throughout
my life. I wanted to take her to lakes, beaches and when
I am watching nature I wanted her to hug me and listen
to my heartbeat calling her name, these thoughts were
running in my mind. I was so happy that on this night I
said her how strange it is suddenly my relationship status
became single to committed and she is my girl finally. I
thanked all stars and as I listened the best sentence ever
she told she slowly whispered in my ears Kanna … I love
you.
We both expressed our love to each other and I felt I was
on cloud nine as she whispered my name in sleep…
Kanna.
Now that’s the story how I got that name… Kanna and I
love this name.
IT’S A SHORT STORY AND DOESNOT HAVE ANY NAMES, PLACES OR ORGANISATIONS MENTIONED. THIS WORK IS BASED ON FICTION AND DOES NOT RELATE TO ANY REAL LIFE SITUATION AND PEOPLE.
ANY KIND OF RESEMBLANCE IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL
Comments
Post a Comment